The Onion shortcuts are very powerful it allows you quick actions like rewind, fast forward, screenshots, volume boost...
The GameSwitcher is designed to be the central user interface of Onion. It allows browse and resume the last games played in few seconds. Launch the GameSwitcher by pressing the MENU button, then you'll see a screenshot of where you were in your game ! Use Left and right to browse the last games played like this. It also allows you to quickly change games and many other features.
The "Package Manager" app is a powerful tool that allows users to easily install or uninstall emulators and apps.
Tweaks is the backbone of onion's configuration and personalization! With Tweaks you can adjust System settings, enable network services, configure your button shortcuts and more!
The Search application is the perfect companion for large game collections. It lets you find all the games containing the keyword you've entered. Search also allows to filter a game list to include only games containing a specific keyword.
Onion loves themes. In Onion themes allow to customize the background, the entry categories, console icons, music bacground, fonts... And best of all, the chosen theme impacts all Onion's internal applications!
Themes in Onion are two things :
Activity Tracker app you can :
- Track your game playtimes.
- View your total playtime in the top bar.
- Share your playtimes by taking a screenshot (press MENU+POWER - screenshot is saved in
A full Retroarch in a such tiny device ! Retroarch is regularly updated from the offcial repository. Onion benefits to dedicated drivers created by Eggs for precision and performance. Dedicated customations are also included : all the core are configured with attention to detail, custom overlays and custom filters made specially for the Miyoo Mini screen.
Onion has its own emulators, many optimizations on the Retroarch cores but also some dedicated emulators like :
- PCSX Standalone (with awesome performances)
- ScummVM standalone (awesome performances too)
- Gambatte core (GB/GBC) with an unique organization of color palettes
Game List Options (GLO Menu)
Game List Options (GLO Menu) is a tool to make actions for the selected game or the entire list. Press Y in a game list then from this menu you can choose the Retroarch core, download the image cover of your game (wifi/MMP required), launch a Netplay session, reset your game (to skip the last save state), filter the list of games with a keyword,...
Thanks to GLO menu flexibility, you can even add your own scripts here !
Guest mode is a separate profile so you can safely lend your device to your kid or your friend.
Random Game Picker
Random Game will allow you to discover new games in your collection !
An alternative user interface with animated game previews!
More than 60 game ports pre-configured !
For the Miyoo Mini Plus (equiped with wifi) Onion offers many additional possibilites :
- Multiplayer / Netplay : play in multiplayer over internet or on you lcoal network to your favorite retro games:
- Easy Netplay: play multiplayer games anywhere (compatible with GBC/GBC Pokemon trading !)
- OTA (Over The Air) updates : update Onion directly from your MMP
- Automatic date/time synchronisation (NTP, via Tweaks app)
- Scraper : import game covers directly from your MMP
- Network Services : Samba/SMB share, http server, SSH, FTP, Telnet, Hotspot...
Personal files gathered in one place
Your saves and most of your preferences are now in
This also includes your secondary profile, your config files, RetroArch lists and play activity database.
Simply copy this folder when you want to backup your data.
MainUI is the main interface of Onion provided by Miyoo and modified by Onion Team with these improvements :
- Battery percentage is shown in the top bar
You can configure the battery percentage visibility and color in the theme configuration file. It is also possible to make a theme that only shows the percentage text.
- No more audio lag Credit: Eggs
- New default theme inspired by the Lilla theme by Evolve Credit: DiMo
- OnionOS icon by Evolve
- Textures are compressed for faster results Credit: DiMo
- Box art size fix in the included themes Credit: DiMo
- Many additional systems supported
- Experimental Arduboy support Credit: JMARoeder
- Boxart moved to
/Roms/[SYSTEM]/Imgsfor easier scraping
- Various bug fixes and optimizations